Dan Lirette & Richard Paladin welcome you to Moncton Forums!Register today on Moncton's most active forum!

Author Topic: NB Provincial Elections  (Read 12474 times)

Offline BristolUK

• Regs
  • Gently Insane
    • my world and welcome to it - a blog
Re: NB Provincial Elections on Sept.27, 2010
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
so how come French people are not allowed to generalize the English but the English are allowed to generalize us ?????

Where exactly did every single English/Anglo person say exactly the same thing about every single French person?  ;)

You need to use the word SOME a bit more.  :)
my world and welcome to it - a blog
http://monctonia-times.blogspot.com/

Offline Notme

• I AM A BILINGUAL CANADIAN BUT STILL HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET GOVERNMENT JOBSand get pick on for being of French ancestry
  • Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »
Where exactly did every single English/Anglo person say exactly the same thing about every single French person?  ;)

You need to use the word SOME a bit more.  :)
i will when the ANglo /English do  >:(
my favorite samiley is gone

BIGOTRY
   a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own
RACIST
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. .

Offline BristolUK

• Regs
  • Gently Insane
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
Time to remove this as a sticky?

Offline Jesso Yewno

• Administrator
  • Moncton Forum
NB Provincial Elections on Sept.22, 2010
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »
N.B. Progressive Conservatives pull out of CBC election debate

Tories disagree with Green Party and People's Alliance being included

CBC News ,  Aug 19, 2014

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/progressive-conservatives-pull-out-of-cbc-election-debate-1.2740854

The New Brunswick Progressive Conservatives have pulled out of CBC's upcoming provincial election debate.

The Tories contend the televised leaders debate on Sept. 9 should only involve their party, the Liberals and the NDP.

They don't agree with the Green Party and People's Alliance —  that have never elected a single MLA — being allowed to take part. When CBC refused during a planning meeting on Tuesday to change the format, Progressive Conservative officials abruptly left.

Meanwhile, Radio-Canada has decided to exclude the two smaller parties from its French-language debate.

Radio-Canada officials say Green Party Leader David Coon and People's Alliance Leader Kris Austin are not fluent enough in French.

Click here for full article..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/progressive-conservatives-pull-out-of-cbc-election-debate-1.2740854

Offline Paladin (Site Admin)

• Administrator
  • www.monctonforums.com
    • Monctonforums
People’s Alliance Moncton Southwest candidate: Lucy Goguen

2014 08 21

People’s Alliance's Moncton Southwest candidate:Lucy Goguen

The People’s Alliance are happy to announce Lucy Goguen as the party’s 12th candidate in the provincial election. She will seek election in the Moncton Southwest riding.

Goguen, 50, works as a patient care attendant at the Moncton City Hospital. As a long-term employee of the provincial health system, Goguen has seen first hand how previous Liberal and PC governments toy with front line health services.

“I want to put the patients first by taking care of the frontline staff who are the ones that deal directly with the public on a constant basis,” she said. “I want wage parity for our nurses in the province as we are one of the lowest paid in Canada. Let’s give them the respect they deserve.”

Goguen also wants to bring about restoring trust in elected representatives by holding more public town hall meetings and making MLA expenses more accountable with online reporting.

“People are disheartened and losing hope in our government and its no wonder, there are not enough checks and balances to keep our politicians honest,” Goguen said. People’s Alliance Leader Kris Austin said he was thrilled to see Goguen return as a candidate for the party. She ran in the Albert riding in the 2010 provincial election where she received 4.6 per cent of the vote.

“Lucy has an open and honest personality and her enthusiasm is contagious,” Austin said. “She is a very welcome addition to the People’s Alliance team and I have high hopes that she will make a strong connection with the people of Moncton Southwest as she goes door to door.”

Media Contact: [email protected]

Lucy Goguen, Moncton Southwest

Lucy Goguen, 50, is a mother of three and grandmother of 2. She was born in Douglastown, Miramichi to an Acadian father and Irish mother. Her political views were formed at a young age with her father being involved in politics for several years as president of the Liberal League. Her mother Jean was an accountant for the village of Douglastown for a time and she would often get visits from the Mayor. She lived in the Berrys Mills area for several years and will be campaigning in the area of Moncton Southwest.

Secret meetings and backroom deals… People are disheartened and losing hope in our government. I want to create more transparency through meetings with the constituency, online access to expense reports, published weekly planner and attendance records, wage reform for the incoming government.

Healthcare cuts… I want to put the patients first but also take care of frontline staff. I want wage parity for our Nurses in the province as we are one of the lowest paid in Canada. Let’s give them the respect they deserve. Ambulance attendants and paramedics are some of the first on scene of accidents. They deserve much more support than this government has shown. Let’s fix this through wage scale and language issues that are dividing our province.

Fracking and the environment… The people of NB have spoken loud and clear on the issue of fracking. If given the opportunity our party will fight for the implementation of regulations that will give long-term benefits to the people. We will bring an appropriate balance of environmental protections and safe guards with real benefits to the people of NB through creative approach and innovation.

Connect with Lucy on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/lucygoguenPANB

Offline Jesso Yewno

• Administrator
  • Moncton Forum
NB Provincial Elections: unprecedented disaster for Liberal Leader Brian Gallant
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2014, 07:45:06 AM »
An unprecedented disaster of an interview for the Liberal leading in New Brunswick

David Akin - September 17th, 2014

http://blogs.canoe.ca/davidakin/politics/an-unprecedented-disaster-of-an-interview-for-the-liberal-leading-in-new-brunswick/

With just five full days of campaigning to go until New Brunswickers vote on Monday, Liberal Leader Brian Gallant will be struggling to recover from the worst media interview a politician ever gave in mid-campaign since Stéphane Dion got confused in the 2008 federal election.

But while Gallant’s mix-up, like Dion’s, involved a re-do, Gallant cannot blame his media interlocutor for a confusing, ill-worded question.

In the re-do, in fact, he did the exact opposite of making things right. He was forced to admit, time and again, his own errors and, in doing so, dissembled at least twice.

It started last week, when reporters travelling on the campaign trail, including Sun News Network’s Paige MacPherson, began pressing Gallant for what seemed to be confusing or contradictory details in his plan to raise new revenues by taxing the rich. CBC Reporter Bob Jones and others reported that, despite Liberal claims to the contrary, Gallant’s plans would lead to the highest tax jurisdiction in the country. The Liberals pushed back and argued that reporters were wrong.

On Friday, morning CBC New Brunswick offered to give Gallant 10 minutes in a one-on-one interview with the anchor of its dinner-hour news show, Harry Forestell,  to explain his policies. Gallant did the interview from CBC’s Moncton studios.

During the interview, Forestell challenged Gallant again and again on his tax policy (and on other confusing aspects of Gallant’s platform) but Gallant, in a tone that, at times seemed both slightly indignant and condescending, told Forestell he was wrong and kept repeating his talking points.

Click here for full article..

http://blogs.canoe.ca/davidakin/politics/an-unprecedented-disaster-of-an-interview-for-the-liberal-leading-in-new-brunswick/

Offline BristolUK

• Regs
  • Gently Insane
Re: NB Provincial Elections
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »
 David Akin - September 17th, 2014
With just five full days of campaigning to go until New Brunswickers vote on Monday, Liberal Leader Brian Gallant will be struggling to recover from the worst media interview a politician ever gave

Is this writer normally so "on the ball"?

Tories demand hand count

Two I reckon.  :laugh: