Dan Lirette & Richard Paladin welcome you to Moncton Forums!Register today on Moncton's most active forum!

Author Topic: The War For Canada ,Part 2 (Deux ) redux  (Read 10246 times)

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
Re: The War For Canada ,Part 2 (Deux ) redux
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »
I see, but it is OK to waste my tax dollars and those of the majority of Canadians to pay for bilingualism which only a small minority ( french Canadians) need.

That money saved would as you just mentioned, help education and or hospitals plus a lot more.

Those few millions that we spend on the Royal Family are peanuts compared to the billions we spend on bilingualism.

Offline Notme

• I AM A BILINGUAL CANADIAN BUT STILL HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET GOVERNMENT JOBSand get pick on for being of French ancestry
  • Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
what does the royal losers do for us ?  besides spending our hard earn cash at least we the bilinguals are paying taxes and supporting our country  and also where are those figures for the millions on bilingualism   i am still waiting for them and they have to be from GOVERNMENT SOURCES 

BIGOTRY
   a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own
RACIST
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. .

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
and also where are those figures for the millions on bilingualism   i am still waiting for them and they have to be from GOVERNMENT SOURCES

You wouldn't believe anything I produced so I will challenge you to copy this and email it to your member of parliament and ask him if these figures are correct.

Or are you affraid of being proved wrong?

January 16, 2012,Global Montreal,Global TV, Shaw Media Inc., 2012.
http://www.globalmontreal.com/feature/6442560452/story.html

Official languages cost taxpayers $2.4B: report

Canadian taxpayers are spending $2.4 billion on providing bilingual services each year, according to a new report from the Fraser Institute.

Of that, the provinces are spending $900 million, while the federal government used $1.5 billion to ensure Canadians could access services in either French or English.

The numbers suggest each Canadian pays $85 to ensure the country’s language laws are upheld.

Meantime, rates of bilingualism in Canada have been climbing over the past 20 years, with 17.4 per cent of the Canadian population reporting they could speak in both English and French in the 2006 census.

Between 1951 and 1996 the number of people reporting they were bilingual doubled from 1.7 million to 4.8 million.

The rates are carried by Quebec where the number of bilingual residents bumps up the national average.

Bilingual services still necessary: expert

But until the entire population can speak both French and English, governments will be forced to continue to provide services in both languages.

According to the Fraser Report, it is costing the government less than one per cent of GDP. Health care spending by comparison was 11.7 per cent of GDP in 2010.

“If everyone were bilingual the costs might be lesser,” said Michel Doucet, a University of Moncton constitutional law professor and expert in language rights. “But that ideal society does not exist in Canada or anywhere else really.”

Canada’s Official Languages Act protects the right of all Canadians to receive services from the federal government in both official languages. Some provinces including Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec, have additional laws to protect language rights.

Language rights are further enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, where minority education rights allow citizens whose first language is the minority official language in the province where they reside to have their children educated in that language.

The report suggests that most of the money was used to fund minority language education. It report based its numbers off of the public accounts or annual reports of provincial governments. The authors state they only took into account the additional costs of providing education in the minority language.

Other sources of spending included printing bilingual forms and purchasing bilingual advertisements.

Weighing costs vs. benefits of bilingualism

Doucet said the Fraser Institute’s report misses an important piece of bilingualism’s cost-benefit analysis.

“There is no notion of costs on the social and political benefit that Canada feels it is getting out of bilingualism,” he said of the report. “We as a country have decided that bilingualism is a fundamental part of what defines us as a country.”

While he wasn’t available for comment on Monday, Université de Montréal economics professor and co-author of the study François Vaillancourt said in a statement, the report wasn’t about judging the value of funding bilingualism.

“The issue we examine in this study is not whether bilingualism is good or bad policy, but the costs above and beyond that of providing education and other services in the majority language,” he said in a statement.

The right-leaning think-tank suggested provinces with large francophone populations, such as Ontario, contract out languages services to the private sector on a user-pay basis.

Doucet said privatizing services may be appropriate in some instances, but at the end of the day it is governments who should pay for the services.

“At the end of the day, the obligations are not imposed on citizens. They are imposed on the state,” he said

Bilingual services spending by province

Ontario had the biggest budget for bilingual services at $623 million annually. Canada’s most populous province also has a large francophone minority.

New Brunswick followed, spending $85 million and Quebec spent $50 million.

Of the remaining provinces Alberta spent $33 million, B.C. spent $23 million, Nova Scotia spent $18 million, Manitoba spent $16 million, Saskatchewan spent $9.65 million, Prince Edward Island spent $5.1 million and Newfoundland and Labrador spent $3.4 million.

The news comes just two days after some 190 second-language instructors at the Canada School of the Public Service learned the federal government is cutting their jobs. The instructors offered training for public servants.

Read it on Global News: Global Montreal | Official languages cost taxpayers $2.4B: report

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »
at least we the bilinguals are paying taxes and supporting our country 

Yes french Canadians pay taxes. Big deal.If you look at the Equalization Payments that Ottawa pays out to Quebec and New Brunswick it shows that Quebec and NB receive more money from Ottawa then what they pay in taxes.

French Canadian taxes barely cover the essentials like roads, health care , education and the like.

So please don't tell me or anyone else that your taxes cover bilingualism. THEY DO NOT.

Offline Notme

• I AM A BILINGUAL CANADIAN BUT STILL HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET GOVERNMENT JOBSand get pick on for being of French ancestry
  • Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
 first of all it is you that has to prove it not   me   ...i know the figures are b/s made by a bunch of the nobody of the anglo saxon society

pretty but quebec is also the biggest taxes base in Canada they are the ones giving the most for the big money coffin

as for NB well it the fault of everybody   not only the French no one wants any industries in their backyard 

BIGOTRY
RACIST
The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others. .

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »
first of all it is you that has to prove it not   me   ...i know the figures are b/s made by a bunch of the nobody of the anglo saxon society

pretty but quebec is also the biggest taxes base in Canada they are the ones giving the most for the big money coffin

as for NB well it the fault of everybody   not only the French no one wants any industries in their backyard

I'm calling you out here notme.....

You are a Liar and this is just another one of your lies exposed.

Offline Notme

• Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »
the only one here that is a liar it is you USETA   with your antifrench lies no one else     and you are already exposed  ...  so i do not need to do it ..

BIGOTRY
RACIST

Offline Paladin (Site Admin)

• Administrator
  • www.monctonforums.com
    • Monctonforums
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »

Changing the subject ever so slightly..

Useta you posted that the city did not observe Loyalist Day.

Have you considered e-mailing ALL the canidates in the up coming election and asking where they stand on this issue ?

I'd be curious as to their answers myself.You could even post them here.

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »

Have you considered e-mailing ALL the canidates in the up coming election and asking where they stand on this issue ?

I'd be curious as to their answers myself.You could even post them here.

Did that ,no reply. Like who am I?

Why don't YOU do it with your NEWS site? They might answer you.
Or just ignore you like they did me.

Offline irishrick

• Regs
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »
What I don't understand is if French is such a good language why bother to learn English, just talk French to the rest of the world.  There will soon be more Chinese in Canada than there are french so does that mean we should fund trilingual language.  You want to keep you heritage separate and unique fine but fund it from your own moneys. There are so many individuals of different nationalities who are distinct  cultures who just blend in but keep their culture alive at home, why should they not get massive funding.   

• Administrator
  • www.monctonforums.com
    • Monctonforums
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
Might be a good story for Metro News.
It would be a sure-fire way to let them ALL know we are here.

Offline Notme

• Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »
What I don't understand is if French is such a good language why bother to learn English, just talk French to the rest of the world.  There will soon be more Chinese in Canada than there are french so does that mean we should fund trilingual language.  You want to keep you heritage separate and unique fine but fund it from your own moneys. There are so many individuals of different nationalities who are distinct  cultures who just blend in but keep their culture alive at home, why should they not get massive funding.
fisrt of all it not all your money since supposingly we the French took all the jobs away from you guys  so i guess we are the only ones providing the government with taxes money .. no wonder they are cutting in order to support all those jobless people  ..

BIGOTRY
RACIST

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2012, 06:24:47 PM »
Annual cost of Bilingualism ~ Fraser Institute ~2006 Census

Federal and provincial governments spend $2.4-billion

10 provinces spend a total of $900-million

Ontario spends $623-million ( $1,275 per francophone)
just over 43,000 of the province’s more than 13 million residents  unilingual francophones.

New Brunswick spends  $85 million.(spends $357 per francophone)
10.2%  (about 75,000 people) unilingual francophones.

Quebec  $50 million ($88 per anglophone)
2.3 % unilingual anglophone

Alberta spends $33 million  ($534.70 per francophone),
 Just 0.05% (1,600 residents)  unilingual francophones

B.C. spends $23 million ($426.90 per francophone),
.03%,  about 1,200 claim to be unilingual francophones.

Nova Scotia spends $18 million ($540.10 per francophone),
.11% unilingual francophone

Manitoba spends $16 million ($410.20 per francophone),
1,930 unilingual francophones

Saskatchewan spends $9.65 million ($640.50 per francophone),
.04% ,Has fewer than 400 unilingual francophones

Prince Edward Island spends $5.1 million ($946.20 per francophone)
.04% Has fewer that 100 unilingual francophones

Newfoundland and Labrador spends $3.4 million ($1780.30 per francophone).
.01% , Has 50 unilingual francophones

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »
Stop the Official Languages policy in Canada

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-official-languages-policy-in-canada.html

With the 'Anonymous' option, no one need fear signing this.

Background (Preamble):
The Official Languages Act was passed in 1969 by the Liberal government under P.E. Trudeau with the expressed purpose of making French-speaking Quebecers feel more a part of Canada.

It has failed in this primary objective because French Quebecers feel even less a part of Canada now leading to the widespread belief that we are now two separate entities, a French-speaking Quebec and an English-speaking Rest (Most) of Canada.

While outside Quebec, English-speakers are discriminated against in jobs which are clearly in favour of French-speakers, the opposite is true in Quebec where many anti-English laws have been passed in Quebec, resulting in the exodus of more than half a million English-speakers from Quebec.

If Quebec is allowed to be French-speaking, then the Rest (Most) of Canada should be allowed to be English-speaking without being discriminated against for not being able to function in French.

Petition:

We, the undersigned, want the Federal government to stop this policy which clearly discriminates against the English-speaking majority.

The OLA clearly states that this policy should only apply "where numbers warrant" - this was deliberately never defined.

We demand that the Federal government defines this criteria clearly so that the English-speaking majority is not excluded from meaningful employment within all levels of government.

Offline Notme

• Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Annual cost of Bilingualism ~ Fraser Institute ~2006 Census

Federal and provincial governments spend $2.4-billion

10 provinces spend a total of $900-million

Ontario spends $623-million ( $1,275 per francophone)
just over 43,000 of the province’s more than 13 million residents  unilingual francophones.

Quebec  $50 million ($88 per anglophone)
2.3 % unilingual anglophone

Alberta spends $33 million  ($534.70 per francophone),
 Just 0.05% (1,600 residents)  unilingual francophones

B.C. spends $23 million ($426.90 per francophone),
.03%,  about 1,200 claim to be unilingual francophones.

Nova Scotia spends $18 million ($540.10 per francophone),
.11% unilingual francophone

Manitoba spends $16 million ($410.20 per francophone),
1,930 unilingual francophones

Saskatchewan spends $9.65 million ($640.50 per francophone),
.04% ,Has fewer than 400 unilingual francophones

Prince Edward Island spends $5.1 million ($946.20 per francophone)
.04% Has fewer that 100 unilingual francophones

Newfoundland and Labrador spends $3.4 million ($1780.30 per francophone).
.01% , Has 50 unilingual francophones

so now  how much money do they spend on truly unilangual English    ?????

because the figure you have are kinda weird     i have not meet to many unilangual French   but many unilangual English

BIGOTRY
RACIST

Offline Notme

• Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »
so u #!%$^! about Quebec  but it the 11 best best place to live  for   a good  Quality of life   ... not bad    in my book

BIGOTRY
RACIST

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
so now  how much money do they spend on truly unilangual English    ?????

because the figure you have are kinda weird     i have not meet to many unilangual French   but many unilangual English

Hey, we agree for once.

The question remains...how many of these 75,000 unilingual french NBers are liars?

5%
10%
50%

or all of them?

==================================================================

StatsCan eyes francophone conspiracy on bilingualism questionnaire

Agency suspects concerted Canada-wide effort to lie on forms to secure federal program funding
By David Gonczol

Thousands of francophones across Canada are believed to have lied about their ability to speak English in a seemingly co-ordinated attempt to manipulate the 2006 Census in order to guarantee federal funding of programs for francophones.

Statistics Canada has taken the unusual step of posting a warning on its website to caution users that the data on bilingualism rates for francophones outside Quebec may not be reliable. The suspected cause is an anonymous French-language e-mail that circulated across Canada prior to the census encouraging francophones to say they could not speak English even if they could. It said doing so would ensure the federal government would not cut services to francophones.

The resulting statistics showed for the first time ever an inexplicable decrease in the number of francophones outside Quebec who said they could speak English, reversing a long trend of increasing rates.

The number of bilingual francophones in Ontario, for example, has been on the rise by between one and three per cent in every census since 1991. However, in 2006 the number unexpectedly fell to 88.4 per cent from 89.4 per cent.

Jean Pierre Corbeil, a chief specialist in the language statistics section, said they have studied the trend reversal and the e-mail appears to be the only factor that may have produced this aberration.
"How can you explain people living in a minority situation, even in really strong minority situations, that they would become less bilingual? This is almost impossible," said Corbeil.
Even if the number of bilingual francophones had risen by only one per cent, confirming the longstanding trend, the number of Franco-Ontarians who may have lied in the census would be about 10,000.
It wasn't just Ontario bucking the trend. Fewer francophones said they could speak English in 2006 in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. The percentage of francophones outside Quebec who said they could speak English dropped 2.5 percentage points to 83.6 in 2006. The rate of bilingualism for francophones also dropped in Quebec.
The Statistics Act says anyone who lies when participating in a Statistics Canada survey is liable for a $500 fine, but Marc Hamel, manager of the 2011 census, said efforts are never made to track the liars down.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/StatsCan+eyes+francophone+conspiracy/3091164/story.html

Offline Notme

• Regs
  • it hard to be humble
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »
the problem with that is that i know of nobody in my French speaking friends that received that e mail or mail ..  not even me .....  so is this true ???

i really think that some peopl might have check off French as their mother tongue   and did not read the rest of the questionnaire

btw do u have a sample of that questionnaire  because i do not remember getting one ???   

BIGOTRY
RACIST

Offline Jesso Yewno

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »

Wow...actual dialogue..well sort of.

That questionnaire was in the 2006 Census.

I doubt that even the most extreme Pack Rat would have a copy of that one, but then again who knows.

• Administrator
  • www.monctonforums.com
    • Monctonforums
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2012, 08:05:23 PM »

StatsCan eyes francophone conspiracy on bilingualism questionnaire

Agency suspects concerted Canada-wide effort to lie on forms to secure federal program funding
By David Gonczol

Thousands of francophones across Canada are believed to have lied about their ability to speak English in a seemingly co-ordinated attempt to manipulate the 2006 Census in order to guarantee federal funding of programs for francophones.

Statistics Canada has taken the unusual step of posting a warning on its website to caution users that the data on bilingualism rates for francophones outside Quebec may not be reliable. The suspected cause is an anonymous French-language e-mail that circulated across Canada prior to the census encouraging francophones to say they could not speak English even if they could. It said doing so would ensure the federal government would not cut services to francophones.

The resulting statistics showed for the first time ever an inexplicable decrease in the number of francophones outside Quebec who said they could speak English, reversing a long trend of increasing rates.

The number of bilingual francophones in Ontario, for example, has been on the rise by between one and three per cent in every census since 1991. However, in 2006 the number unexpectedly fell to 88.4 per cent from 89.4 per cent.

Jean Pierre Corbeil, a chief specialist in the language statistics section, said they have studied the trend reversal and the e-mail appears to be the only factor that may have produced this aberration.

"How can you explain people living in a minority situation, even in really strong minority situations, that they would become less bilingual? This is almost impossible," said Corbeil.
Even if the number of bilingual francophones had risen by only one per cent, confirming the longstanding trend, the number of Franco-Ontarians who may have lied in the census would be about 10,000.

It wasn't just Ontario bucking the trend. Fewer francophones said they could speak English in 2006 in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. The percentage of francophones outside Quebec who said they could speak English dropped 2.5 percentage points to 83.6 in 2006. The rate of bilingualism for francophones also dropped in Quebec.

The Statistics Act says anyone who lies when participating in a Statistics Canada survey is liable for a $500 fine, but Marc Hamel, manager of the 2011 census, said efforts are never made to track the liars down.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/StatsCan+eyes+francophone+conspiracy/3091164/story.html

I recently received a e-mail from one of my most trusted sources.

It included a link to the "Impératif français " site and one page on it.

Now I'm not claiming that "Impératif français " had anything to do with that e-mail telling francophones how to answer the 2006 Census.

I will however say that this does raise some serious question.

http://www.imperatif-francais.org/bienvenu/articles/2006/recensement-2006.html   

Translated page

Monday, May 8, 2006 3:45 p.m.
CENSUS 2006 Print
- The AFO is open to residents of Ontario

Census 2006

Important!

The next Census of Canada will be held Tuesday, May 16, 2006. Data collected during this exercise will draw a statistical portrait of Canadian society. This information will, among others, used by federal, provincial and municipal governments to determine the needs of French-language services, such as education and health.

Among the Census questions, only the question on mother tongue (Question 16) is put to all Canadians. It is therefore essential to answer this question. Moreover, the statistics used by governments to determine the number of people who can receive services in French are calculated from questions 13, 16 and 15a respectively of the questionnaire, which will be sent to one in five households. The short questionnaire will be sent to him about 80% of households.

What do your answers to these questions?

13. This person speak French well enough or? Enough to conduct a conversation?

If you answer only "French", you will be identified as French.
If you answer "French and English", Statistics Canada will refer to your answer to question 16.

16. What is the language that this person first learned at home in childhood and that? She still understands?

If you answer "French", you will be identified as French.
If you answer "French and English" or a language other than French or? English, Statistics Canada will refer later to the question 15a).

15. a) What language does this person speak she most often at home?

If you answer only "French", you will be identified as French.
If you answer "French and English", you will be identified as French 0.5 and English 0.5.

It means taking time to understand the census questions before? Answer. It is essential that people who have French as the language?? Clear, just as those who speak French at home. However, no? Is no negative impact to state that? We speak both official languages.

Be the number of Francophones in Ontario!

For more information or to get answers to your questions about the 2006 Census, call 1 877 594-2006 or visit http://www.facebook.com/l/_AQEMJG1pAQGte3jef-vpW7ZiMU-MKmQid6kSgY-yjElJZQ/www.recensement2006.ca.

Adèle Blanchard
Head of Communications
Assembly of the Francophonie in Ontario (AFO)

(May 6, 2006)

Articles - 2006 CENSUS 2006

Offline BristolUK

• Regs
  • Gently Insane
    • my world and welcome to it - a blog
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:39 PM »
This subject sounds very familiar. It must have been in the news way back when.
my world and welcome to it - a blog
http://monctonia-times.blogspot.com/

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »

From the other site.

Official bilingualism a huge cost to Canadians

BY ALASTAIR STEVENS, THE DAILY NEWS ,MAY 24, 2012
http://www.canada.com/Official+bilingualism+huge+cost+Canadians/6670517/story.html

The Nanaimo Daily News is frequently reporting budget cuts by the Harper government affecting many departments both in Ottawa and across Canada.

One area that has never been reduced is the astronomical cost of official bilingualism. Why not? Although our two official languages are established in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Section 16, this does not mean that changes cannot be made outside of the Charter.

Estimated costs of official bilingualism show an annual average expenditure totalling $20 billion and since inception in 1969 a mind boggling total of $1.2 trillion.

Without the imposition of official bilingualism in 1969, we could now have had: no government debt; an adequate military and security capability; a functional health care system without waiting lists; no homelessness; adequate policing, education, and infrastructure.

Also we could have avoided the horrendous interest burden currently running at around $20 billion annually on the federal debt.

To reduce the excessive costs of official bilingualism, a start should be made by removing the office of the Commissioner for Official Languages. This Office is unnecessary. Those who speak mainly French are surely quite capable of keeping their language alive.

Click here to read the full article

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
A waste of another 1.1 Billion Dollars of our money

Consulting French Canadians on Linguistic Duality

2012 05 27 , Dick Field

http://blancosblog.com/

On May 22, the Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, launched, in Moncton New Brunswick, the first in a series of Government of Canada pan-Canadian consultations on official languages.

Here is Mr. Moore’s announcement: : “Canada’s two official languages are an integral part of Canadian history and identity. The Government’s commitment to official languages has been recognized internationally.

In 2009, the Prime Minister was honoured with the highest international award of merit for support to the Francophonie. The Government’s five-year “Roadmap for Canada’s Linguistic Duality 2008-2013” represents the most comprehensive investment in Canada’s official languages in Canada’s history. Economic Action Plan 2012 will continue support for official languages by maintaining funding to protect, celebrate and enhance Canada’s linguistic duality.”

Remarkable! P.M. Harper and Mr. Moore may look to be singing from the same page but here’s a portion of Harper’s speech at last year’s Journée de la Francophonie that reveals the truth of the matter; “In Canada, the French language represents far more than a means of communication. Spoken by more than 9.5 million Canadians, French is an integral part of our history, our identity and our daily lives. It links us, not only to our fellow Canadians but to French-speaking countries around the world.”

Mr. Harper makes no mention of the English language – Canada’s predominant majority language. But also note the same exaggerated statement that “French is part of our English–speaking history and identity?” Which English-speaking Canadian history and identity does Mr. Harper dream are linked by the French language? He must be referring to the less than 1% of turncoats like himself and Mr. Moore and all the other arrogant, self-inflated history revisionists and egoistic elites that imagine they can run rough shod over their supporters without penalty.

Mr. Moore is the more deceptive because he implies that the “consultation” is in regard to the two official languageswhich is nonsense. It is exclusively more of the same forced French-only propaganda. The fact is that 9 out of every 10 dollars spent has and will flow to French communities; the other miserable dollar will go to the support of translation and French services.

Nothing will go to enhance, defend or support Official English – the language of 77% of all Canadians. This Roadmap, designed and supported by the Liberal and Red Tory establishment was created solely to supplant the English language and deny English-speaking Canadians from any say, job or career in their own governments, Federal and Provincial or even full participation in the military or other government funded institutions. .

Prime Minister Harper’s Freudian slip clarifies for all that the Conservative Party of Canada (our former Party) will continue to follow the original Trudeau-Liberal plan to promote French only and eventually ethnically and linguistically reconquer Canada for the Quebecois and whatever economic pay-off these elites may receive from their pro-French backers, domestic or international.

This consultation is a total fraud, designed to consult solely with French Canadians. This article’s title is accurate. The invitation is not open to all Canadians to express their opinions on the continued funding of Canada’s “Roadmap for Linguistic Duality 2008-2013.” Any English-speaking submissions critical of the Roadmap will go straight to the incinerator.

The Bernard Lord Report
In 2007-8, the ex-Premier of New Brunswick, Bernard Lord was commissioned to do a similar consultation to obtain the views of Canadians and submit a report in respect to Official Bilingualism. Every organization he consulted had a favourable view because of the 160 groups he consulted 126 were Francophone community organizations in every province of Canada and the remaining 34 were English or French organizations in the language teaching or translation business. Individual and Anglo group written submissions were in the hundreds but not listed or commented upon, or even acknowledged

Needless to say the Francophones got their got their 1.1 billion plus another $175,000,000 to bring in African French speakers and plant them all across Canada into French start-up and older Franco communities. This current consultation is more extensive but no different in intent or certain result. Lord’s report was a fraud from start to finish. One of the most shameful and corrupt documents ever produced for political ends.

To prove my contention in regard to these current so-called Consultations with Canadians, please look at the Questionnaire issued by Heritage Canada, Consultations on Official Languages 20012:

http://pch.sondages-surveys.ca/s/OL-LO/?p=1&s=eyJwYWdlcGF0aCI6IFswLCAxXX0%3D&k=70e20ce11cdb926d1e6b43ff613d65b4&h=2daece83837d67f608df1d7ef3f223fb

NONE of these questions ask for the public’s true opinions on the subject. Their first question alone (below) tells us that all these Questions are designed to force a positive response in support of French-only across Canada (the rest of the questions are similar in nature):

“What are the issues that should be prioritized in order to promote linguistic duality and raise Canadian’s awareness on the advantages and benefits of our two official languages?”

There are no advantages except to the miserable 17% or thereabouts of self- declared bilingual Canadians of whom not more than 3% are English-speakers, the rest being of French background and those few English-bilinguals lucky enough to have been situated in a French milieu since childhood or otherwise have found it profitable to learn French in order to advance their careers.

After forty years of French immersion schools and classes; billions spent on exhortation and all manner of penalities for those not officially bilingual, that approximate 17% hasn’t changed by one full percentage point. French on cereal boxes hasn’t helped much either. Nor does the Prime Minister we all elected to get rid of forced Bilingualism warm many up to the language when he spouts French first to primarily English-speaking audiences. How grossly insensitive can our elected leader be? Intolerably callous and rude that’s for sure.

The cost to Canadians of all this terrible misdirection of effort is also financially enormous. We need to change our government’s minds very soon or the arrogance and divisiveness of this forced Frenchification of Canada will result in a virulent backlash. It is in fact happening now, all across Canada, especially in Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Cornwall, New Brunswick and the West. New Parties are being formed, every one with the potential to take away Conservative votes. Loss of confidence in our once fair democracy grows by leaps and bounds.

More to come in my next article. As they say on TV, “stay with us!” Please make sure you fill in their Questionnaire appropriately, even if your answers are trashed, but copy your answers and mail them to your MPs and MPPs, MLAs etc. by e-mail or regular mail, especially to you riding representatives, regardless of Party

************************************************************** *******************************
Dick Field is the former founder and Chairman of the Voice of Canadian Committees and the Montgomery Tavern Society. He was editor and publisher of Voices, their newspaper. He is a graduate of the University of Toronto and Queen’s University. Dick has a wide variety of life experiences and has traveled worldwide both as a businessman and the co-owner of a travel business. He retired as a marketing officer after a thirty year career with a major Toronto life insurance company. Dick is proud to have served in combat during WW2 with the Royal Canadian Artillery in northwest Europe.

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »

A friend recently died and I went to his funeral.

In church I heard a lady in the pew next to me saying a prayer.

It brought me to tears.

It was so sweet and sincere that I just had to share with you:

Dear Lord,

This has been a tough two or three years ...

You have taken my best friend John.

You have taken my favourite actor Ben Gazzara.

My favourite musician Michael Jackson .

My favourite baseball player Gary Carter.

My favourite actress Elizabeth Taylor.

My favourite disc jockey Dick Clark.

And now my favourite singer Whitney Houston.

I just wanted you to know that my favourite activist is Jean Marie Nadeau.

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »

Moncton Hospital Doctors banned from Dumont Hospital breast centre;

Proposed Centre of Excellence will only allow doctors from Dumont Hospital

If the breast centre of excellence at the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre goes ahead as planned, breast specialists from The Moncton Hospital - including oncologists and radiologists - won't be able to treat patients at the facility.

According to the Vitalite Health Network, which administers the Dumont Hospital, it will be only doctors who have privileges at the hospital who will be able to work at the centre. Essentially, having privileges with a facility allows a doctor to practise at that hospital.

Dr. Heather Tait, medical director of the breast health program at The Moncton Hospital, doesn't have privileges at the Dumont, which means she won't be able to work at the breast centre of excellence should it be solely affiliated with that hospital.

Neither will general surgeons, the doctors who perform breast surgeries, said Tait; nor will radiologists, the doctors who read mammograms, MRIs and ultrasounds and perform biopsies.

The Times &Transcript has requested a list of oncologists at The Moncton Hospital and the Dumont Hospital who have privileges at both hospitals via an access to information request form from the Horizon and Vitalite health networks, respectively.

The Moncton Hospital is administered by the Horizon Health Network.

Tait first came to The Moncton Hospital as a resident with Dalhousie University's surgical residency program in 1997, coming again as a resident in 1999. During this time, she worked closely with general surgeon and breast specialist Dr. Roger M.J. Roberge, who is also a founding member of the board of directors of the Atlantic chapter of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (CBCF). Roberge had a very busy breast practice, according to Tait.

She said Roberge knew of her interest in breast surgery and recruited her to come back to The Moncton Hospital when she finished her residency.

When she did so, she applied for a fellowship - an extra year of training in cancer treatment - and worked at the University of Toronto, the Women's College Hospital and Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto from August 2002 to August 2003.

One month after she started back at The Moncton Hospital in September 2003, Roberge stopped performing surgeries, and Tait picked up most of them. Tait said other surgeons perform breast surgeries at The Moncton Hospital, but as the medical director of the breast clinic, it's a big part of her practice.

Tait was one on seven doctors at that hospital who wrote an open letter to the government and Vitalite recently proposing a collaborative, stand-alone breast centre, with the purpose of allowing doctors from both Moncton hospitals to have access to the centre of excellence.

Both hospitals currently have breast clinics or programs, which are smaller in size than the breast centre of excellence would be, but Tait said, "Right now, there's no overlap. I don't go there and do clinics, and they don't come here and do clinics."

In an email to the Times &Transcript late last Thursday afternoon, Luc Foulem, a spokesperson for Vitalite, said, "Doctors practicing at the breast health centre will be those that have privileges at the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre. ... As in any health care program in all health care institutions, doctors practice in the facility or the facilities where they have privileges to do so and physicians are well aware of this."

Vitalite and the Department of Health have yet to make an official announcement either about the establishment of the centre of excellence, or a timeline for the project. However, in a December 2011 press release, a breast health centre to be located in the Vanier Building of the Dumont Hospital complex is listed as an infrastructure project for the 2012-2013 fiscal year.

In an earlier email to the Times &Transcript last Thursday afternoon, Foulem said the breast health centre will be located at the Dumont, and "will benefit from having a multidisciplinary team of specialists having a high level of expertise already on site." He said the team has been together for about 10 years.

Despite this, in the earlier email, Foulem said "collaborative and complementary work will continue between the medical team of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre and the medical teams of the other hospital facilities involved in breast cancer treatment across the province."

There are a few departments with surgeons and specialists who have privileges at both Moncton hospitals, and therefore are able to work at both locations when needed. Tait said these departments included plastic surgery, orthopedics and the ear, nose and throat division.

Breast specialists who don't have privileges at the Dumont may have to let go of some patients, too.

When a family doctor refers a patient to see a breast specialist or surgeon, it's the doctor they're choosing, not the hospital. If there's a transfer, the patient becomes a patient at the hospital where their surgeon works.

This means patients who see Moncton Hospital doctors but eventually need the services at the centre of excellence would become patients at the Dumont.

"They wouldn't be my patient anymore," said Tait.

The centre will be accessible to French- and English-speaking patients.

For Tait, the location isn't the issue, but rather that the centre not be exclusive to those with privileges at the Dumont. She believes a breast centre of excellence is a good idea as it would allow the best treatments for patients, physicians and staff, but still thinks a joint, stand-alone centre is the best answer.

"They have expertise and we have expertise so ... why not collaborate?" Tait said.

Issues surrounding breast care in Moncton began in October 2007, when doctors at The Moncton Hospital asked the government to purchase a second MRI, but were unsuccessful in their request. In August 2009, the doctors said the Department of Health froze new radiology programs, but then, seven weeks later, then-minister Mary Schryer announced financial support for a breast health centre at the Dumont and the purchase of an MRI.

These announcements, the Moncton Hospital doctors said, "significantly undermined the efforts of the department of health and their credibility to control health care costs."

According to the Dumont's website, in October 2009 Schryer announced the government was investing "$1.8 million in operating funding and one million dollars in equipment over the next three fiscal years to support the creation of an integrated breast health centre."

In November of the same year, the doctors wrote a private letter to the government about the funding.

The minister of health and department officials met with The Moncton Hospital's doctors in mid-November 2009, to hear a proposal similar to the one they released earlier this month.

The seven doctors from The Moncton Hospital who signed the letter are: Dr. Hazem Assi, department chief of oncology; Dr. Louis-Jacques Cartier, medical director of laboratory medicine; Dr. Paul Goobie, clinical department head of surgery; Dr. Rick Morton, president of the medical staff; Dr. Jeff Mowat, clinical department head of radiology; Dr. Karen Silver, clinical department head of family practice; and Tait, the medical director of the breast health program.

GinaBeth Roberts Times; Transcript. The Times - Transcript [Moncton, N.B] 30 May 2012

http://search.proquest.com/news/docview/1017608593/13705FB51444084183A/4?accountid

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »

Discrimination against Anglophones at Oromocto Public Hospital

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing out of concern and frustration over a job I have recently applied for at the Oromocto Public Hospital. I am a Diagnostic Imaging technologist with 17 years experience in my field and have been working at OPH for the past 10 years, first in a full time and currently in a part time position in Diagnostic Imaging. The job I applied for was never a bilingual position but when the previous employee retired from her position, human resources made it bilingual.

I have never, in my ten years of working at OPH had to speak French, nor have I ever had to turn a patient away because I could not communicate with them. I can speak French well enough to complete the x-ray procedure and some idle small talk, however I would not be considered bilingual according to the provincial standards for an Anglophone person. The afore mentioned position was subsequently offered to someone who is new to NB and originally from Quebec. She had less seniority than I, but is bilingual. It turns out that she decided not to take the job.

It is then that the human resources department of Horizon Health decided to post the job outside of the health authority. This is not what the job posting said. The job posting said that if the most qualified candidate did not take the job, then the next most qualified candidate from the original posting would be offered the job. This did not happen! They have now offered the job to a new graduate who has not even passed the certification exams in order to work. She is bilingual, however. Keep in mind that the job is for a Diagnostic Imaging Technologist!

I was born and brought up as an English speaking New Brunswicker. I have 17 years experience in my field. I have an excellent work record and am good at what I do. As I see it, NB is not a bilingual province, it is a French province. Why would the employer that I have given 17 years to, all of a sudden tell me I am not good enough to do the job I have been doing right along, simply because I am not French?

This is a very disturbing practice that needs to STOP now. Is the government trying to get rid of all the English speaking qualified work force? I could understand if the job required me to speak and write French on a daily basis. However, it does not! Not even close. As I mentioned before, I have been there for 10 years and have not once had to speak French. Do I, as an English speaking New Brunswicker, not have any rights? It seems not! Someone needs to take a look at this situation and ask some serious questions. Would you rather have someone providing care for you that has no experience, or someone that can speak French? I have no doubt that the person they offered the job to will become a competent X-ray tech. However, I have 17 years experience and I should be offered the job on that basis, not denied it because I am not officially bilingual.

I appreciate your attention to this very important matter. I will be awaiting your response. As you can appreciate, this is of utmost importance to all New Brunswickers as I am sure it has happened in other areas. The government, surely, doesn’t want to have more qualified health care workers leave the province for this reason. We are hard to come by and should be valued for our expertise.

Yours truly,

Mary-Faith Mazerolle MRT

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »

Is Canadian Democracy Dead ? ~ Video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyIiR9KQjo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyIiR9KQjo</a>

CFN – Members and supporters of the local newly re-branded Language Fairness for All – LFA  group were joined by members of the Ottawa based umbrella group Canadians for Language Fairness outside of the Chesterville Legion this Wednesday evening. . The delegation was there in anticipation of an opportunity to bring their cause before James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, who would deliver the keynote address to Conservative supporters at the $50 per plate fundraiser dinner about to take place inside and hosted by Stormont, Dundas and South Glengarry Member of Parliament Guy Lauzon.

Upon his arrival, North Dundas Mayor, Eric Duncan, was approached by CLF president Chris Cameron and continued to be engaged while our camera was rolling.  He told Cameron that: “it’s a free country and you have every right to be here.” When asked by Cameron if he feels that the percentage of bilingual service should be in accord with language demographics, Duncan agreed that is the democratic way. In spite of Cameron’s assertion that 80% of the population is being discriminated against, Duncan was adamant that he saw no issue with Cornwall Community Hospital’s interpretation and application of the provincial French Language Services Act, saying: “I’m satisfied with what we have now and how it works out.

Cameron inquired if Duncan is comfortable with the Health Unit being 100% bilingual, to which Duncan responded: “I don’t know about the Health Unit in that regard.”   Some members of the local Richelieu Club arrived for the official function in order to hear the minister speak.

On the way in, Jean Lecompte, president of the La Société pour la Promotion du Bilinguisme (Society for the Promotion of Bilingualism), sporting his signature bilingualism pin, asked if he could join the LFA/CLF delegation and was greeted warmly. He then attempted to turn the event into his own personal press conference and opportunity to enlighten the group, until eventually bidded “Au revoir.”

Lecompte’s rhetoric included asking the group if they’d taken any (mandatory or otherwise) French classes in grade school and insisted that this makes them and all Ontarians officially bilingual (whether or not they can communicate effectively in French). The group wasn’t buying it and pointed out that bilingualism has one meaning when funding is being sought by special interest groups and another meaning when people are being blocked from jobs for which they are otherwise well-qualified. At various times during the interaction, Lecompte said that he agreed with the protesters that the situation is not right and not fair, yet he continues to advocate for bilingualism. CCH nurse Darlene Walsh, who’s been passed over for promotions for not being sufficiently bilingual demanded of Lecompte:

“Tell me, sir, if you fall down right now with a heart attack, do I have to speak French to save your life?” His response: “you do.”

M.P. Guy Lauzon initially circumvented the delegation by slipping in a side door just ahead of Chris Cameron, declining to respond to Cameron’s request to talk. Just prior to the minister’s arrival, members of the delegation were given access to the building to use the Legion washrooms. On the way back to the parking lot, Cameron and CFN’s Don Smith crossed paths with Lauzon just inside the building. With the camera rolling Lauzon was very hospitable, greeting both men with a smile and handshake and agreeing to speak briefly on camera. The conversation was cut short with the announcement that Minister Moore had arrived and was in the parking lot. According to reports from those in attendance and consistent with a demonstration which began earlier, when Minister Moore arrived, he was greeted by protesters dressed in black, carrying a makeshift coffin declaring the death of democracy and some two dozen protesters carrying signs declaring that forced bilingualism is divisive, discriminatory, and demanding that hiring policies should be based on merit, not on language. . One of the protesters cried out: “Canada is in distress” while carrying an upside down Canada flag as a statement of how inverted language policy has become in this nation. Reportedly as Moore exited his car, he was confronted with a demand to know why he and the Commissioner of Official Languages, Graham Fraser, had not accepted requests to meet with CLF previously. No explanation was offered.

As we returned to the protest outside, Moore was already in dialogue with members of the delegation. Moore told the assembly that:

“Everybody should have the same rights and opportunities across the board.” He went on to add that: “The issue of language policy is not meant to be a barrier to the citizens themselves.” The crowd quickly enlightened him that it is indeed a huge barrier, citing numerous examples. Later the minister acknowledged: “I understand how divisive language policy is and how frustrating it can be on all sides and in all parts of the country and that’s not what language policy should be about.”

Some members of the group called for a Canada-wide referendum on language policy. Although not at all outwardly hostile towards the crowd, it was clear that the minister was unprepared to address a delegation. In the midst of heated dialogue, Lauzon calmly advised the crowd that moments earlier he’d suggested that he and Cameron meet privately at another time to address and resolve concerns. Lauzon extended the offer to Minister Moore, who agreed to meet with representatives of both the CLF and the local LFA group in Ottawa. Business cards were exchanged with a promise to meet in the coming weeks while the House is still sitting.

http://cornwallfreenews.com/2012/05/mp-guy-lauzon-minister-moore-confronted-by-cornwall-ontario-lfa-protest-in-chesterville-by-don-smith-hd-video/