Moncton Forums - Come Chat With Us!

Author Topic: Going Bonkers  (Read 549 times)

Offline willie c wuddle

• Regs
Going Bonkers
« on: May 23, 2012, 09:57:24 AM »
Yesterday my dog got put to rest. She was really my neighbour's dog but we had a special bond shared between a dog and her human. Here I am sitting here filling in time until her 10:15 walk forgetting there won't be a 10:15 nor a 3:15 walk. I suddenly have all lots of empty time slots. I have to find something to do. I can't work due to health issues. I like to do volunteer work but, whether curse or carma, every time I commit myself to it I always end up in the hospital. I'm tempted to fall off the wagon and go on a massive bender but that is out of the question as life is already too short. Why make it shorter? I'm still going over to visit my neighbours anyway to see how they are doing. Does anybody have any good suggestions?

If yoo can brrrrew scottish whiskey in yourrr bagpipes, then yourr're a Plaidneck, laddie. - Jeff Scotsworthy     

Offline Useta

• Regs
  • Moncton Forum
Re: Going Bonkers
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
Just off the top of my head..

Have you thought of volunteering at the animal shelter ?

Offline willie c wuddle

• Regs
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:34:32 AM »
Actually I did but it's way out in the sticks with only a couple of busses a day that don't even come close to it. But like I say everytime I try to do any kind of volunteer work I seem to end up in the hospital. Maybe I should do volunteer work at the hospital. At least that might make people want to leave and recover faster.
 If yoo can brrrrew scottish whiskey in yourrr bagpipes, then yourr're a Plaidneck, laddie. - Jeff Scotsworthy     

Offline Jesso Yewno

• Administrator
  • Moncton Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
Have you considered being a " sitter" at the hospital ?

Offline willie c wuddle

• Regs
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
I never heard of such a thing until a couple of month ago. As they get paid it's probably tougher than applying for a regular job.  But thanks, I'll definately check into it.