Dan Lirette & Richard Paladin welcome you to Moncton Forums!Register today on Moncton's most active forum!

Author Topic: Arrests disrupt street level drug trafficking, Moncton, N.B.  (Read 681 times)

Offline Canadian Crime News

• Global Moderator
  • www.monctonforums.com
Arrests disrupt street level drug trafficking, Moncton, N.B.

2012 06 19

Photo: Seized Methamphetamine, crack cocaine and cash

A month long investigation into street level drug trafficking by the Codiac Regional RCMP Drug Section led to the arrests late last week of 12 people from the Greater Moncton area .

Four Moncton men appeared in provincial court on June 18, 2012.

20-year-old Zachary Dehaven, 22-year-old Bradley Drane, 18-year-old Allan Bweso and 31-year-old Jeret Perry were charged with the trafficking of cocaine.

Drane is scheduled to appear in court on June 19 for a bail hearing. Dehaven and Bweso will appear at a later date for election and plea. Perry is already in custody on unrelated matters.

Six men and two women were also arrested for trafficking in cocaine and methamphetamine or possession for the purpose of trafficking. They were released on conditions and will be appearing in court at a later date.

The objective of the investigation was to focus on the street level drug trade by disrupting the trafficking of drugs. The individuals charged were operating independently of each other and not part of a single organized group trafficking drugs.

“Disrupting the drug trade at the street level may prevent others from becoming addicted and dependent on this type of lifestyle” adds Cst. Damien Thériault, “Drug abuse is commonly seen as the root cause of other types of crime as individuals turn to criminal activity, such as theft, to get another drug fix.”

Share what you've read with others:

News ... you can use..

Offline willie c wuddle

• Regs
Re: Arrests disrupt street level drug trafficking, Moncton, N.B.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:08 AM »
Holey geez. I'm lucky I don't get mistaken for a drug dealer and get arrested when I carry my daily medication and wad of Canadian Tire money around.
 If yoo can brrrrew scottish whiskey in yourrr bagpipes, then yourr're a Plaidneck, laddie. - Jeff Scotsworthy